ANL Commuter Benefits
A Transportation Benefit Plan for benefits-eligible Argonne employees who use public transportation to commute to work became effective January 1, 2013. This benefit offers you the ability to pay all or part of your commuting expenses with pre-tax dollars, saving you up to 40% on the cost of your commute.
The eligible transportation expenses are listed below, and a complete explanation of the eligible expenses can be found in the plan summary.
- Transit Pass permits you to pay for your qualifying mass transit passes, commuter/Ventra cards, etc. used to commute to work.
- Commuter Highway Vehicle (Van Pool) permits you to pay for the cost of your van pool expense for commuting to work.
- Qualified Parking permits you to pay for the cost of qualified parking fees.
Enrollment is easy, and it can be done at any time during the year — it is not limited to the annual open enrollment period:
- Register for an account via the WageWorks website or use your existing Wageworks log-in if you have a flexible spending account.
- From the dashboard screen, click "Enroll in Commuter."
- Follow the prompts to select your transit or parking provider and pass/product.
- Submit your order by the 10th of the month preceding the commuting month.
- Your pre-tax payroll deduction will be taken at the end of the month.
For additional information, please visit InsideArgonne.